Monday, June 10, 2013

Stray dogs everywhere

I have never seen dogs in the street like I have here. Some appear to have owners because they're wearing collars, some are grungy in the streets with dreaded up tails and then others are just sunning themselves in the grass. Since I've been here, I've only seen one veterinarians office and no one seems to want female dogs because they just get pregnant. I dont think they know about spaying and neutering (sorry Bob Barker).

The dog in my house got out one night and came back preggers with 7 puppies. By the time I got here there was only one girl left. Of course I had to adopt her. I took her for walks, taught her how to sit, snuck her treats until one day... While I was taking a nap, I woke up to see her being loaded into some mystery car. They said she was "going to the country," which I hope was the truth. I'll just keep thinking it was. She was cute and gave me something to do around the house.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, sorry about your dog. She is the cuttest thing, you are going to miss her. Hopefully she is in a farm, somewhere safer than the streets. In Brazil we have a lot of stray dogs too... mine always got out and I could see his puppies walking on the streets sometimes :). Natasha, my female we had it fixed because she had too many boyfriends that would seranade to her :).

    Hey, your hair is long, it looks really nice :).

    ReplyDelete