Friday, August 30, 2013

The four month mark. Last night in Argentina.

It's been exactly four months since I left NY and arrived in Lima. My time there feels like it was long ago.  Since leaving Peru, I traveled around Bolivia for 5 weeks and then another 4 weeks in Argentina.  I'll be sad to leave Argentina tomorrow. 

Though its a much more expensive country than Bolivia, the people here were 100x nicer. It made a huge difference.  It's a much more civilized country. I didn't know, but I guess Argentina is the only country in S. America that has drinkable tap water. They also have a strong enough sewer system, so you can flush toilet paper where it belongs. People are happy here, their economy is strong and it shows. They don't seem to have a problem with homelessness and they even treat their dogs with compassion.

Though Argentina didn't have any incredible or famous sites likes Peru and Bolivia, it was a beautiful country to visit. They have great wine and lots of steak here. Their churches are rich and beautiful, with the new Argemtine pope proudly on display.

I changed my trip around a bit. I had originally planned on going to Chile and visiting the Easter Islands, but after my second credit card fraud issue, more problems with my apartment and a day cold enough for snow, I was ready for something warm and relaxing. So I'm headed for Ecuador tomorrow night. I rented a house by the beach for 2 weeks. After that I'm cutting the trip short 10 days and making a stop home to see my parents before coming back to NYC.

1 comment:

  1. Nice change of pace. Ecuador will be relaxing for you. Andrew says tap water in Brazil in nice too, that's all he drank besides beer :).

    It's super hot here. Next week we get started with Halloween Horror Nights. My boss is trying to set up an RIP tour for team members (Rest in Peace, VIP style). It's a behind the scenes tour of the hunted houses and the best is that you don't have to wait in line. That's actually the only way I'll go to HHN - the lines are more than 1 hour.

    Ok, I know you will enjoy Ecuador. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete