Saturday, July 6, 2013

Last night in Peru

So this is my last night in Peru and I can hardly believe I've been here over 2 months. Most of my time was spent around Cusco, but I also spent time in Arequipa which I loved and now I'm in a city called Puno.  Everyone else is right, there's not much to it, its just a way to get to Bolivia and Lake Titicaca. 

My time here has been really special. One friend said that I might not have learned Spanish, but I did learn a lot about the Peruvian culture, which I think is true. My house mom in Cusco said that I really tried to experience everything that Cusco has to offer. I went to festivals and fairs where I was the only foreigner, I had fun going to discos, I did touristy things like visit the planetarium and chocolate museum and I saw most of the ruins, like Machu Pichu, Tipon, Pisac, Chinchero and Ollaytaytambo.

I liked the food, the people were really friendly and I liked getting to know the culture.

It will be hard to beat this, but I'm going to give it a try. Tomorrow night I'll be in the lakeside town of Copacabana, Bolivia. I'm hoping that getting through customs and getting my visa is easy.

Xo

Ps, this kid really loved his baby alpaca (or llama). I still can't tell the difference.  It was soft and would definitely make a nice chompa (sweater).


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is sooo cute! You seem to have a wonderful time in Peru, treasure these moments, they will be unforgettable. Have fun in Bolivia as well. I don't know La Paz but I'm sure it's a big city full of things to do.

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete