Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baile in Cusco

I took my first Peruvian salsa class tonight. I figured, how hard could it be? I used to be a dancer and just took a salsa class last year with Tim. On both sides of the hemisphere I get in trouble for leading. It was hard though, though English wasnt super necessary for picking up the steps. It was the most activity I've had since getting here and also since spraining my ankle. It was really fun though. I might even buy the 10 pack.

I went with a new friend from school who is also traveling alone. She's a Chinese born Australian. She's a little more backpackerie than I am though. She packed just like Noah, two of everything, including underwear. I also packed for two, but that was two weeks of clean clothes, which was probaby too much.

Tomorrow I might try to go to one of the ruins, just outside the city.

Xo
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Great news, girl! Go move those feet: one-two: tcha-tcha-tcha! That's what Andrea says when we are dancing :).

    It's nice to have new friends, isn't it? I totally forgot that Grace's father is Peruvian; he might be able to give you good tips about places to go in Cusco.

    It looks like my Mom is going to come with Ana! I'm excited to see her again. I do miss Mommy's hugs - specially next Sunday.

    Have fun and get the package. Maybe you can teach us all how to do dance salsa!

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete