Friday, May 3, 2013

Lots of new hiking boots

So this is my second day in Cusco and I see how much I'm going to love it here. I'm glad I decided to come straight here instead of staying in Lima longer which was loud and stinky (just like home).  In Cusco, the skies are blue and the temperature was a perfect 75 degrees. There are flowers everywhere and the streets in the central part (where I'm staying)  are clean.  There are enough tourists, but its not overrun yet.

I spoke too soon about the effects of the altitude. I've had a dull headache since I got here and now a sunburn thanks to my lily white, NE skin.  Today I think I'll take it easy. There's a festival at all the churches called Velacuy Cruce, celebrating the cross with lots of bangs and noise making going on.  After that I think I'll go get a $12 massage to ease my weary body and aching head.

People are testing my Spanish every minute. I haven't had one full conversation in English since I got here.  Who knows what I've been missing when people talk to me. I just smile and nod my head.







1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Christy! It looks like a fun place to be. At my friend Gabriella’s house, I had ‘chicha morada’ , a drink make out of purple corn. It’s delicious, really good for you. Try it and tell me what you think. She says you can find it in candy and ice cream as well.

    Did you know that Mark and Djanira are expecting a little boy? I can’t wait to have another baby to hold, it’s been a while since Andrea was that little :).

    Enjoy this beautiful day, we are thinking about you!

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete