Friday, May 17, 2013

Living like a Peruvian

Had my first real Peruvian ceviche.  It's supposed to be a good hangover cure, which turned out to be true. It was a little too spicy for me, but I still really enjoyed the experience.  Last night I went with the two brothers in my house to their cousin's house for a drink, which ended up being 5.  I've been trying to say yes if I'm asked to do anything, so even though I had to wake up at 7a for Spanish class, I went with them to a Peruvian discoteca and danced into the wee hours of the morning.  When I finally fell asleep at 4a, I had to wake back up.  The lack of sleep did nothing for my memory retention and spanish pronunciation in class today.

Next week my school is hosting a 12 person group of American teenagers.  It seems like a good opportunity to take a break from things.  I've decided to go to Machu Pichu next week with some school friends.  I'm leaving on Sunday and starting off in Chincheros and then on to Ollyataytambo
for the night.  I'll be climbing and experiencing the marvel of Machu Pichu on Tuesday all day and then coming back on Wed.  I've wanted to go my entire life and can't believe that I get the chance. 

1 comment:

  1. Peruvian ceviche is the best! Andrew is soooo jealous of you! I spoke to one of my guests at the hotel who told me that that whole area is magical.

    We took Andrea to the Kids Fringe Festival today. She got to wear an apron and paint like a real painter. She also did a nice catfish out of paper, probably a gift for your Dad :).

    Well, have a wonderful time and enjoy the magic of Machu Pichu!

    ReplyDelete