Friday, May 10, 2013

Drinking like a Peruvian

Well I must be over my altitude issues because I drank the two most well known drinks in Peru without losing my lunch. On one of the tours with some of my other student friends we went to a hole-in-the-wall, literally an actual hole serving something called Chicha. I've seen it all over South America, but had never drank it. It's made with fermented yellow corn. You'll see it fermenting in the red trash can. Local people get really drunk off of this stuff, which is a bad thing. It costs a half of one sole, which is the equivalent of probably $.03 cents. It also comes in a big gulp size glass. I'm sorry to say that I really liked it.

I also had a Pisco Sour. I'm also sorry to say I liked this too. It tastes a little like a margarita. It's mixed with a raw egg to to get that nice white froth on the top. It's not supposed to give you a hang over, so I'll let you know tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going on a day trip to some of the ruins.
Xo
Christy





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely looove chicha! I had it in Santa Cruz, really delicious. Mexican restaurants have it here in Orlando. They are made out of rice, though - no alcohol. I still find it refreshing. I have to try the other drink, it does look good and made your face light up :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of blog post.

    ReplyDelete